Why is it so important that we bring infosec into DevOps successfully? A successful DevSecOps culture has numerous benefits for the organization.
- It further streamlines the delivery pipeline
- Security posture benefits from increased collaboration
- Empowering devs to engage in security practices reduces costs
- Overall DevOps maturity increases
- Delivery improves as backlogs are reduced
- Overall trust improvement across the organization
This is why we as security professionals need to be committed to making DevSecOps work. It's another way for security to demonstrate the tangible business value and enablement we bring to the table.