Snyk

Welcome Thread

shar1z profile image Sharone Zitzman Updated on ・1 min read

Welcome to the Snyk Community - so happy you've decided to join us!

Go ahead and introduce yourself & what you're working on!

whale hello there

Discussion

pic
Editor guide
Collapse
shar1z profile image
Sharone Zitzman Author

Hey there! I'm Sharone, and I head up community at Snyk - and we'd love for you to share your experience with Snyk, and custom development and tools you've created, and anything else that can benefit the community!

Collapse
jonathangruber profile image
Jonathan Gruber

Great to see you here @sharone !!

Collapse
sjmaple profile image
Simon Maple

Hello all! My name is Simon and I run the Dev Rel team at Snyk - I'm really passionate about community and enabling developers - happy to chat! Welcome to the Snyk community!

Collapse
opeomotayo profile image
Ope Omotayo

I'm installing snyk with Jenkins Jcasc, I used the below:

snyk:
installations:
- name: "snyk-latest"
home: ""
properties:
- installSource:
installers:
- snykInstaller:
id: "latest"

It stopped jenkins from running, does anyone know snyk install name? I think "snykInstaller" is wrong.

Collapse
shar1z profile image
Sharone Zitzman Author

Hey Ope - I only just saw this - because this likely isn't the place to post this :-) it's a welcome thread. Feel free to open a standalone thread - and we can followup or you are always welcome to open a support ticket.

We will not respond here - as the purpose of this thread is for introductions - so please do ping me directly once you open a relevant thread.

Collapse
lirantal profile image
Liran Tal

Hey Ope, apologies to hear that happened.
I suggest our support docs and the some tutorials about using Jenkins and Snyk together that could be helpful:

1. support.snyk.io/hc/en-us/articles/... and support.snyk.io/hc/en-us/articles/...
  2. A tutorial by friendlies over at medium.com/@ahmed.tanvir.11/step-b... and here technologists.dev/posts/jenkins-snyk/

Goodluck!

Collapse
maestromac profile image
Mac Siri

Hello all 👋🏼

Collapse
shar1z profile image
Collapse
nellshamrell profile image
Nell Shamrell-Harrington

Hello all! I'm Nell Shamrell-Harrington, currently of Microsoft and formerly of Mozilla and Chef. I'm a long time Open Source engineer and have been intrigued by Snyk for some time as a way to manage dependency security updates (especially when doing work that affects ecosystems of ecosystems across the Open Source world). I recently became lead of the Clearly Defined project (clearlydefined.io/about), which uses Snyk.

I'm planning on writing up a blog post (and perhaps a presentation) on knowing how to evaluate whether a dependency update is safe for your OSS project (patch updates, minor updates, and major updates, as well as how to determine whether the dependency follows semantic versioning guidelines). Joining the Snyk community seemed like a great way to learn more about these topics!

Collapse
shar1z profile image
Sharone Zitzman Author

That's really awesome Neil! Welcome to our community.
You are always more than welcome to share your blog post here in our community so that other users can benefit from your experience.

Or you can share with us your posts and we'll be happy to reference them here.

Thanks for joining us!

Collapse
nickytonline profile image
Nick Taylor

Hello from the Forem team! 👋🏻

Collapse
peter profile image
Peter Frank

Excited to be here!

Collapse
jimcodified profile image
Jim Armstrong

Hi all! I'm Jim and I'm the product marketer for Snyk Container and Infrastructure as Code. Hope to chat with you @ SnykCon!

Collapse
erik profile image
Erik Britt-Webb

Hi All. I'm responsible for developing Snyk's partner ecosystem of services partners - consulting, systems integration, MSP/MSSP partners. If you're looking to enhance your service offerings by embedding Snyk into them, or if you're looking to provide services to customers to help them "shift left" with their security and DevOps methodologies, including adopting Snyk, I'd love to talk to you and see how we can help you!

Collapse
ronmooney profile image
Ron

Hi! I'm the manager of the Snyk Customer Success team in NorthAmerica. (All those superheroes that help customers use and adopt Snyk products.)

Collapse
navs profile image
Naveen S

Hello everyone! My name is Naveen. I'm a recent univ grad and I work as a Security Engineer. I do a lot of automations and secure processes. I engage in some personal research as well. I'm happy to join in here and excited to engage with all of you!

Collapse
shar1z profile image
Sharone Zitzman Author

Awesome to have you here Naveen! Welcome to our community!

Collapse
sarahkconway_43 profile image
sarahkconway

Hi all. I am part of the product marketing team working with our tech alliance partners. Looking forward to connecting at SnykCon and beyond.

Collapse
proudboffin profile image
Daniel Berman @SnykCon 2020

Hi all! Excited to be here!

Collapse
andre profile image
Andre Lajter

Hi from the Customer Success team

Collapse
lauraw123 profile image
Laura Wilkinson

Hello! I'm Laura, a Sr. Customer Success Manager at Snyk from Texas! Would love to hear from you. How can we help?

Collapse
geva profile image
Geva Solomonovich

Hey Everyone! Great to see this community growing!

Collapse
Sloan, the sloth mascot
Comment deleted
Collapse
opeomotayo profile image
Ope Omotayo

Hi everyone

Collapse
shar1z profile image
Sharone Zitzman Author

Hey there Ope! Thanks for joining us!